Health Promotion in Minority Populations: Version-4
Select an ethnic minority group that is represented in the United States (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander). Using health information available from Healthy People, the CDC, and other relevant government websites, analyze the health status for this group.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, compare and contrast the health status of your selected minority group to the national average. Include the following:
- Describe the ethnic minority group selected. Describe the current health status of this group. How do race and ethnicity influence health for this group?
- What are the health disparities that exist for this group? What are the nutritional challenges for this group?
- Discuss the barriers to health for this group resulting from culture, socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors.
- What health promotion activities are often practiced by this group?
- Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective in a care plan given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice.
- What cultural beliefs or practices must be considered when creating a care plan? What cultural theory or model would be best to support culturally competent health promotion for this population? Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Latest Solution: Version-4
NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment - Health Promotion in Minority Populations | v4
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: NRS 429V, NRS 429V Week 4, NRS 429V Topic 4, NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment, NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment Health Promotion in Minority Populations Version 4, ethnic minority group, race and ethnicity influence health of Native Hawaiian, health disparities.