Topic 6: Wellness of Providers/Administrators
Complete the provided "Wellness in Health Care" document, where you will examine the importance of mental, physical, and spiritual wellness for health care providers.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
An important part of health care is the wellness of health care providers. Negligence in these areas can result in a tangible reduction in effective care for patients. It can also affect the work environment and pour over into other areas in the life of a provider. However, there are tools available and ways to aid in the mental, physical, and spiritual wellness of practitioners.
For this assignment, review the scenario and respond to the provided prompts. Along with the textbook, use a minimum of two scholarly sources from the GCU Library.
Dr. Davis frequently works long shifts in the Emergency Department. Recently, he began picking up extra shifts to provide coverage due to understaffing. Within the last 6 months, two providers have left. Until additional staff are hired, those remaining are left to cover the vacated shifts. Additionally, Dr. Davis has a wife, twin girls who are eight, and son who is not yet one year old. The extra hours are beginning to take a toll. Dr. Davis has always had lots of energy and is very positive in the workplace. However, as of late, Dr. Davis seems to be acting differently with patients. Within the last week, his mood has transitioned from being joyful and engaging to being sad, disengaged, and distant. Dr. Davis has also been heard making comments about not feeling appreciated by the organization. It is clear that there should be concern regarding Dr. Davis's mental state and well-being.
With this scenario in mind, please answer the following questions:
- Explain how working together as a team can have a positive impact on a medical professional's health and wellness. What could staff do to help Dr. Davis feel more appreciated and supported? (200-300 words)
- Discuss the impact that spiritual wellness can have on a medical professional's stress. How might spiritual wellness be emphasized more in the workplace? (200-300 words)
- Identify ways in which burnout and stress can be reduced. What can employers do to help? (200-300 words)
- Given the scenario above, how would you make sure that the proper people were made aware to step in and help Dr. Davis? (200-300 words)
HLT 305 Topic 6 Assignment | Wellness in Health Care
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: HLT 305, HLT 305 Topic 6 Assignment, HLT 305 Topic 6 Assignment Wellness in Health Care, HLT 305 Topic 6 Positive impact of working together on a Medical Professional's Health, HLT 305 Topic 6 Impact of spiritual wellness on a medical professional's stress
All members who signed up before 2023 are requested to register again.