Week 5 - Homework: CAM, Patient Education Ethics_Informed Consent
Write a short (50-100-word) paragraph response for each question posed below. Submit this assignment as a Microsoft Word document.
- Define CAM.
- Describe the patient who uses CAM the most.
- List some common misconceptions about CAM.
- Identify methods of including the use of CAM in patient education.
- Discuss the safe use of CAM.
- List ways in which conventional medicine and CAM can be integrated.
- Define ethical theories, ethical principles, and values.
- Provide examples of ethical issues in patient education and compliance and describe ways in which an effective professional/patient relationship and a poor health professional/patient relationship can impact these issues.
- Explain what is meant by "ethical patient education practices".
- Explain the purpose of informed consent.
- Discuss what factors determine the patient’s ability to give informed consent.
- Compose a sample informed consent form.
- Discuss the process of communication to use with the patient and the family when obtaining informed consent.
HLT 306V Topic 5 | Homework: CAM, Patient Education Ethics | Informed Consent
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: HLT 306V Topic 5, HLT 306V Topic 5 Homework, HLT 306V Topic 5 Homework CAM, Patient Education Ethics, HLT 306V Topic 5 Homework Informed Consent, HLT 306V Topic 5 Common misconceptions about CAM, HLT 306V Topic 5 Conventional medicine and CAM integration.