Topic 3: Total Quality Management, Journey to Excellence, Continuous Quality/Process Improvement, and Ethical Issues
Assignment/Task: Benchmark - Risk Management Program Analysis - Part Two
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze how an organization's quality and improvement processes contribute to its risk management program.
This assignment builds on the Risk Management Program Analysis – Part One assignment you completed in Topic 1 of this course.
Assume that the sample risk management program you analyzed in Topic 1 was implemented and is now currently in use by your health care employer/organization. Further assume that your supervisor has asked you to create a highlevel summary brief of this new risk management program to share with a group of administrative personnel from a newlycreated community health organization in your state who has enlisted your organization's assistance in developing their own risk management policies and procedures.
Compose a 1,250 - 1,500 words summary brief that expands upon the elements you first addressed in the Topic 1 assignment. In this summary brief, address the following points regarding your health care organization and its risk management program:
- Explain the role of your organization's MIPPA-approved accreditation body (e.g., JC, ACR, IAC) in the evaluation of your institution's quality improvement and risk management processes.
- Describe the roles that different levels of administrative personnel play in healthcare ethics and establishing or sustaining employer/employee-focused organizational risk management strategies and operational policies.
- Illustrate how your organization's risk management and compliance programs support ethical standards, patient consent, and patient rights and responsibilities.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities health care professionals face in upholding risk management policies and administering safe health care at your organization.
- Relate how your organization's quality improvement processes support and contribute to its overall journey to excellence.
In addition to your textbook, you are required to support your analysis with a minimum of three peerreviewed references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS Health Sciences
3.3 Explain the ethical and legal responsibilities of health care professionals related to risk management assessment and policies.
HLT 308V Topic 3 Assignment | Benchmark Risk Management Program Analysis | Part-II
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: HLT 308V, HLT 308V Topic 3 Assignment, HLT 308V Topic 3 Assignment Risk Management Prog Analysis Part 2, HLT 308V Topic 3 role of your organization's MIPPA-approve, HLT 308V Topic 3 Administrative Personnel Role in Healthcare, Compliance programs support.