Health Promotion in Minority Populations: Version-4
Select an ethnic minority group that is represented in the United States (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander). Using health information available from Healthy People, the CDC, and other relevant government websites, analyze the health status for this group.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, compare and contrast the health status of your selected minority group to the national average. Include the following:
- Describe the ethnic minority group selected. Describe the current health status of this group. How do race and ethnicity influence health for this group?
- What are the health disparities that exist for this group? What are the nutritional challenges for this group?
- Discuss the barriers to health for this group resulting from culture, socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors.
- What health promotion activities are often practiced by this group?
- Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective in a care plan given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice.
- What cultural beliefs or practices must be considered when creating a care plan? What cultural theory or model would be best to support culturally competent health promotion for this population? Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Latest Solution: Version-4
NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment - Health Promotion in Minority Populations | v4
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: NRS 429V, NRS 429V Week 4, NRS 429V Topic 4, NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment, NRS 429V Topic 4 Assignment Health Promotion in Minority Populations Version 4, ethnic minority group, race and ethnicity influence health of Native Hawaiian, health disparities.
All members who signed up before 2023 are requested to register again.