Topic 2: Health Assessment of the Toddler, Preschool, and School-Aged Child
The needs of the pediatric patient differ depending on age, as do the stages of development and the expected assessment findings for each stage. In a 500-750-word paper, examine the needs of a school-aged child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old and discuss the following:
- Compare the physical assessments among school-aged children. Describe how you would modify assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of the child.
- Choose a child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Identify the age of the child and describe the typical developmental stages of children that age.
- Applying developmental theory based on Erickson, Piaget, or Kohlberg, explain how you would developmentally assess the child. Include how you would offer explanations during the assessment, strategies you would use to gain cooperation, and potential findings from the assessment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Looking for "NRS 434VN Week 2 Shadow Health Assignment: Interview and Focused Exam With Danny" ?
NRS 434VN Week 2 Assignment: Developmental Assessment and the School-Aged Child
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: NRS 434VN, NRS-434VN, NRS 434VN Week 2 Assignment, NRS 434VN Week 2 Assignment Developmental Assessment and the School-Aged Child, Modifying assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of the child, Applying developmental theory.