Topic 2: Health Assessment of the Toddler, Preschool, and School-Aged Child
Complete the Digital Experience. The estimated average time to complete this assignment each time is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Please note, this is an average time. Some students may need longer.
This clinical experience is a focused exam. Students must score at the level of “Proficiency” in the Shadow Health Digital Clinical Experience. Students have three opportunities to complete this assignment and score at the Proficiency level. Upon completion, submit the lab pass to the instructor in the classroom.
Students successfully scoring within the Proficiency level in the Digital Clinical Experience on the first attempt will earn a grade of 100 points; students successfully scoring at the Proficiency level on the second attempt will earn a grade of 90 points; and students successfully scoring at the Proficiency level on the third attempt will earn a grade of 80 points.
Students who do not pass the performance-based assessment by scoring within the Proficiency level in three attempts will receive a failing grade (68 points).
This assessment will allow access to an Interview Guide to help students navigate their first digital experience. Subsequent assignments do not utilize an Interview Guide. Use this guide as needed to complete the assignment for this topic.
Please review the assignment in the Health Assessment Student Handbook in Shadow Health prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
If Proficiency is not achieved on the first attempt, it is recommended that you review your answers with the correct answers on the Experience Overview page. Review the report by clicking on each tab to the left titled Transcript, Subjective Data Collection, Objective Data Collection, Documentation, and SBAR to compare your work. Reviewing this overview and the course resources may help you improve your score.
Week 2: Focused Exam: Cough Assignment
Objectives & Instructions
When Speaking with Digital Standardized Patients:
- Ask simple and direct questions
- Ask specific questions
- Provide context for the patient
Follow the nursing process through:
- Interview and examine Danny Rivera to gather subjective and objective patient data
- Collect data to assess Danny's condition
- Educate and empathize to engage in effective therapeutic communication
- Document data accurately, using professional terminology
- Communicate the situation, the background, your assessment, and your recommendation to transfer care of the patient
- Write reflections using the prompts provided
Perform a focused examination of a pediatric patient who is presenting with a cough. Gather the information needed to assess the situation and transfer care to Preceptor Diana.
Upon entering the room:
- Greet the patient
- Wash your hands
During the exam, you will be able to:
- Take and record the patient's vital signs
- Ask questions relevant to the patient’s complaint
- Corroborate key subjective data with the patient’s guardian using the Call Guardian button
- Provide patient education and empathy as appropriate throughout the exam
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the patient's respiratory system and regional systems of concern
- Conduct the relevant tests to evaluate the patient’s symptoms
- Report all Objective Data in the EHR
- Document Nursing Progress Notes
After the exam:
- Determine when enough information has been gathered to transfer care to Preceptor Diana
- Once enough information has been gathered to communicate the Situation, the Background, your Assessment, and your Recommendation (SBAR), select the Transfer Care button to end the patient exam and complete the SBAR activity
- Subjective Data Collection
- Objective Data Collection
Looking for (Click the Link) "NRS 434VN Week 2 Assignment: Developmental Assessment and the School-Aged Child" ?
NRS 434VN Week 2 Shadow Health Assignment | Interview and Focused Exam With Danny
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: NRS 434VN, NRS-434VN, NRS 434VN Week 2 Shadow Health Assignment, NRS 434VN Week 2 Interview and Focused Exam With Danny, NRS 434VN Week 2 Focused Exam: Cough Assignment, Perform a focused examination of a pediatric patient who is presenting with a cough.