This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
As an advanced registered nurse leader, you have an opportunity to be a catalyst for change and lend your voice to important health care issues. One of the ways you can do this is through lobbying and engaging with the legislative process as both participant and patient advocate.
In this assignment, you will work in a group to identify a current health care legislative issue. And prepare a PowerPoint presentation with slide notes. This health care issue can impact your role, the setting, the scope of practice, or the population in the community you serve. Refer to the website of your state legislature to research current legislative issues and identify appropriate steps.
Include the following in a 12-15 slide PowerPoint submission:
- A description of the health care issue. And how it relates to your role, setting, scope of practice, or community population.
- A description of the proposed legislation and your group’s stance on whether it should … passed.
- Methods to track a bill and participate in lobbying efforts.
- An outline of lobbying remarks, appropriate for the target audience, bill’s intent, and goal of supporting or not supporting its passage.
- Implications if lobbying efforts do not succeed.
Make sure to include slide notes of 100-250 words for each slide.
You are … to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must … published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected & documentation of sources should … presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can … found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
NUR 514 Topic 5 Assignment | When Patient Advocacy Meets Policy: Lobbying for Health Care Change Presentation
- Brand: Grand Canyon
- Product Code: 2022
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: NUR 514, NUR 514 Topic 5, NUR 514 Topic 5 Assignment, NUR 514 Topic 5 Assignment When Patient Advocacy Meets Policy: Lobbying for Health Care Change Presentation, health care issue impact your role, legislative issues and identify appropriate steps.
All members who signed up before 2023 are requested to register again.