Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 7
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
Consider some of the skills and knowledge you need to understand truth-functional logic. Forming the truth-functional claims means you have to have a good understanding of how English sentences are formed in order to convey accurate and precise meaning. Translating English sentences into symbolic language requires you to distinguish the parts of complex thought, put those thoughts into logical order, and make inferences from them.
For the initial post, address the following:
- Determine how abstracting the parts of a truth-functional statement forces you to pay strict attention to the meaning and the validity of its logic. To get you started, reduce this statement to truth-functional symbolic form:
- "If I ask you to help me out, then I need your help; I need your help, so I must be asking for it."
- Connect these skills to the things you will be doing in your professional life.
PHIL 347N Week 4 Discussion | Truth-Functional Logic
- Institution(s): Chamberlain
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: PHIL 347N, PHIL 347N Week 4 Discussion, PHIL347N Week4 Discussion, PHIL 347N Week 4 Discussion Truth-Functional Logic, PHIL 347N Week 4 Discussion Determine how abstracting the parts of a TF-statement forces you to pay strict attention, PHIL347N Truth-Functional Logic.