Page-1 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. (TCO 1) Which of the following is a predicted outcome of continued global warming?
2. (TCO 2) The Conservation Reserve Program was funded in the United States to conserve which of the following precious resources?
3. (TCO 3) Environmental goods and environmental bads are:
4. (TCO 4) According to the economist Fred Hirsch, a "positional good" is a good or commodity:
5. (TCO 5) Of the many techniques advertisers use to persuade customers to purchase goods, which is the most effective?
6. (TCO 6) According to your text, automobiles are implicated in which of the following environmental problems?
7. (TCO 7) Amartya Sen argues that famine is the result of:
8. (TCO 7) Which of the following does Sen claim will NOT insure food availability?
9. (TCO 3) Smog is responsible for which of the following?
10. (TCO 5) According to your text, what is the leading cause of death in the U.S. for individuals between the ages of 1 and 35?
Page-2 Questions & Answer
1. (TCO 1) Define environmental sociology and what environmental sociologists study. If you were an environmental sociologist, explain your daily day. Compare and contrast how environmental sociologists differ from other types of sociologists.
2. (TCO 2) Explain the impact of consumerism on the environment. Compare and contrast the relationship between consumerism and industry; more specifically how our society can more away from petroleum and more toward cleaner forms of energy and resources to become more sustainable.
3. (TCO 4) Describe how consumption and materialism impact the physical environment? Give a few examples. Can our society continue to practice materialism and at the same time still become more sustainable? What are some things we overconsume?
4. (TCO 6) Describe green technology's impact on the global economy and environment. How is green technology being used worldwide in our society? Compare and contrast the pros and cons of green technology.
5. (TCO 7) Given the relationship between population growth and environmental impacts, assess resource utilization theories and population size while examining the effects of this relationship on debt. How does this relate to poverty and hunger? Also, describe how this relates to environmental racism and global inequality.
SOCS 325 Week 4 | Midterm (Fall 2017)
- Institution(s): Devry
- Year Published: 2021
- Digital Download: Instant