1. Which blood vessels permit exchange between the blood and surrounding interstitial fluid?
2. The venae cavae and their tributaries in the abdominopelvic cavities are examples of
3. Which vessel wall layer forms a sheath of connective tissue and has collagen fibers that may intertwine with those of adjacent tissues?
4. Which layer is thicker in a medium-sized artery versus a medium-sized vein?
5. Which vessels have valves to prevent backflow?
6. Where is the largest pressure gradient?
7. Which contributes most to peripheral resistance?
8. Regarding forces acting on capillary walls, what occurs when blood osmotic pressure (BOP) is greater than capillary hydrostatic pressure (CHP)?
9. Which of the following statements is correct regarding blood flow?
10. Which mechanism(s) of cardiovascular regulation direct(s) long-term changes in cardiovascular performance?
11. Which of the following is a short-term response involved in cardiovascular regulation?
12. The vasomotor center of the medulla oblongata primarily controls which of the following?
13. Under normal circumstances, the heart pumps blood into the aorta at the same rate at which it
14. Which hormone(s) would be increasingly released at higher elevations where oxygen levels are lower?
15. During exercise, cardiac output rises as a result of what factor?
16. Which of the following reduces the impact of blood vessel occlusion?
17. Which of the following occurs in the pulmonary circuit?
18. What structure connects the ascending aorta with the descending aorta?
19. Which of the following supplies blood to the pharynx, esophagus, larynx, and face?
20. Which fetal structure allows blood to flow from the pulmonary trunk to the aortic trunk?
21. Deoxygenated blood leaves the fetus and enters the placenta by way of the
22. What fetal structure allows blood to flow from the right atrium to the left atrium?
23. The cardiovascular system transports calcium, phosphate, EPO, parathyroid hormone, and calcitonin to the _____ system.
24. The force that tends to reabsorb or pull water back into a capillary is called ________ pressure.
25. The instrument used to measure blood pressure is the hydrostatic pressure cuff.
26. The tendency for water and small solutes to move out of the blood is greatest at the
27. What is the connection between breathing and venous return?
28. Considering the factors affecting blood flow, choose the correct relationship.
29. In which of the following would vascular resistance be the least?
BIOS 255 Week 2 | Quiz
- Institution(s): Chamberlain
- Year Published: 2021
- Digital Download: Instant