With the increase in prosperity brought about by industrialization came a number of ills such as the exploitation of workers, including children. Unbridled capitalism and the pursuit of wealth, while also giving rise to the middle class, led to the greatest wealth disparity the country had ever seen at the expense of the working class, whose members found themselves working six or seven days a week up to 12 hours a day in horrible conditions, often not making enough to support themselves and their families. In response, a group of people emerged, the Progressives, who sought ways to make the lives of this wretched class better. Among the most prominent Progressives was President Theodore Roosevelt and his progressive sentiments are illustrated in his speech, Who is a Progressive?
Review the speech at the following link:
- Who is a Progressive? Theodore Roosevelt, April 1912 (Links to an external site.) (http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/whoisaprogressive/)
Construct the case study by responding to the following prompts:
- According to Roosevelt, what are the characteristics of a progressive?
- Explain what are the characteristics of those who are "antiprogressive" and what types of activities do they engage in?
- What are the goals of progressivism and what areas of society should be addressed?
- Analyze what progressive achievements does Roosevelt highlight in his speech?
Make sure to cite and reference sources. Make sure that the writing is clear, well-developed, and free from spelling and grammatical errors. Please note that part of your grade is to include a documented example of the primary source.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 23 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1 inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12 point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page
- Use in text citations that correspond with your end references
Case Study Solution: Who Is a Progressive
Progressivism vs. Reactionary
HIST 405N Week 5 Case Study | Who Is a Progressive
- Brand: Chamberlain
- Product Code: 2022
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: HIST 405N, HIST 405N Week, HIST 405N Week 5 Case Study, HIST 405N Week 5 Case Study Who Is a Progressive-According to Roosevelt, what are the characteristics of a progressive?. HIST 405N Week 5 Case Study Explain what are the characteristics of those who are antiprogressive.
All members who signed up before 2023 are requested to register again.