Part B: Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals
Complete the following four hypotheses, using ? = 0.05 for each.
1. Mean sales per week exceeds 41.5 per salesperson
2. Proportion receiving online training is less than 55%
3. Mean calls made among those with no training is less than 145
4. Mean time per call is greater than 15 minutesReport Requirements
1) Using the same data set from part A, perform the hypothesis test for each speculation in order to see if there is evidence to support the manager's belief. Use the Seven Elements of a Test of Hypothesis from Section 7.1 of your text book, as well as the p-value calculation from Section 7.3, and explain your conclusion in simple terms.
2) Compute 99% confidence intervals for each of the variables described in a.-d., and interpret these intervals.
3) Write a report about the results, distilling down the results in a way that would be understandable to someone who does not know statistics. Clear explanations and interpretations are critical.
4) All DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy.
5) Project Part B report is due by the end of Week 6.
6) Project Part B is worth 100 total points. See grading rubric below.Format for Report:
1. Summary Report (about one paragraph on each of the speculations a.- d.)
2. Appendix with the calculations of the Seven Elements of a Test of Hypothesis, the p-values, and the confidence intervals. Include the Excel formulas used in the calculations.
MATH 533 Week 6 | Course Project | Part B: Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals
- Institution(s): Devry
- Year Published: 2021
- Digital Download: Instant
Tags: MATH 533 Week 6 Course Project Part B Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals, MATH 533 Week 6 Course Project, MATH 533 Week 6 Part B Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals, MATH533 Week6 Course Project, MATH533 Week6 Course Project Part-B.