Cover Topic 1-2
1. Question: What is the vascular effect of histamine released from mast cells?
2. Question: The abnormal proliferation of cells in response to excessive hormonal stimulation is called:
3. Question: Exhaustion occurs if stress continues when which stage of the general adaptation syndrome is not successful?
4. Question: What genetic process is likely responsible for the occurrence of asthma in only one of a pair of identical twins?
5. Question: Where are antibodies produced?
6. Question: A 35-year-old female is diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. Her pancreas is releasing amylase and lipase, which will lead to a _________ necrosis.
7. Question: Once they have penetrated the first line of defense, which microorganisms do natural killer (NK) cells actively attack?
8. Question: Which type of cell adaptation occurs when normal columnar ciliated epithelial cells of the bronchial lining have been replaced by stratified squamous epithelial cells?
9. Question: Cystic fibrosis is caused by what type of gene?
10. Question: After sexual transmission of HIV, a person can be infected yet seronegative for how many months?
11. Question: Vaccinations are able to provide protection against certain microorganisms because of the:
12. Question: Activation of the classical pathway begins with:
13. Question: Which cells lose their ability to replicate and divide? (Select all that apply.)
14. Question: In the later stages of an inflammatory response, which phagocytic cell is predominant?
15. Question: Examples of multifactorial diseases associated with adults include: (Select all that apply.)
16. Question: What type of necrosis results from ischemia of neurons and glial cells?
17. Question: What is the most common cause of Down syndrome?
18. Question: What is the role of natural killer (NK) cells?
19. Question: The two most important risk factors for type 2 diabetes are:
20. Question: A cross-section of a heart from a 45-year-old African American male with long-standing hypertension who died of a stroke is most likely to show which of following adaptive changes?
21. Question: An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
22. Question: Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?
23. Question: Which statement is true regarding immunodeficiency?
24. Question: A couple has two children diagnosed with an autosomal dominant genetic disease. What is the probability that the next child will have the same genetic disease?
25. Question: A person with type O blood is likely to have high titers of which antibodies?
NUR 631 Topic 4 | Quiz | Version 2
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant