Topic 1 and 2 Cellular Changes & Genetic & Developmental Disorders & Immune System, Infection Disease, & Environmental Disorders.
1. Question: A 35-year-old female is diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. Her pancreas is releasing amylase and lipase, which will lead to a _________ necrosis
2. Question: An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
3. Question: What is the role of natural killer (NK) cells?
4. Question: A person with type O blood is likely to have high titers of which antibodies?
5. Question: A cross-section of a heart from a 45-year-old African American male with long-standing hypertension who died of a stroke is most likely to show which of following adaptive changes?
6. Question: Which type of cell adaptation occurs when normal columnar ciliated epithelial cells of the bronchial lining have been replaced by stratified squamous epithelial cells?
7. Question: What type of necrosis results from ischemia of neurons and glial cells?
8. Question: The two most important risk factors for type 2 diabetes are:
9. Question: Exhaustion occurs if stress continues when which stage of the general adaptation syndrome is not successful?
10. Question: Vaccinations are able to provide protection against certain microorganisms because of the:
11. Question: Activation of the classical pathway begins with:
12. Question: Examples of multifactorial diseases associated with adults include: (Select all that apply.)
13. Question: What is the vascular effect of histamine released from mast cells?
14. Question: The abnormal proliferation of cells in response to excessive hormonal stimulation is called:
15. Question: Which cells lose their ability to replicate and divide? (Select all that apply.)
16. Question: Cystic fibrosis is caused by what type of gene?
17. Question: Which statement is true regarding immunodeficiency?
18. Question: In the later stages of an inflammatory response, which phagocytic cell is predominant?
NUR 631 Topic 4 | Quiz | Version 3
- Institution(s): Grand Canyon
- Year Published: 2022
- Digital Download: Instant