Test Your Knowledge Quiz - MCQsQuestions: 1-20
1. (TCO A) Which of the following is not true about a server?
2. (TCO A) A backbone network is
3. (TCO A) Which layer of the OSI reference model is responsible for ensuring flow control so that the destination station does not receive more packets that it can process at any given time?
4. (TCO A) Which of the following would be a standard used at the data link layer of the OSI reference model?
5. (TCO A) A(n) _____ is a set of rules that determine what a layer would do and provides a clearly defined set of messages that software at the layer needs to understand.
6. (TCO A) The primary reason for networking standards is to
7. (TCO A) Which of the following is not true about de jure standards?
8. (TCO A) Which standards body is responsible for the development of local area network (LAN) standards?
9. (TCO A) A junior network administrator has used the wrong cable type to connect his or her computer to the administrative port on a router and cannot establish a terminal session with the device. What layer of the OSI reference model does this problem appear to reside at?
10. (TCO A) A network administrator has received several reports from users of the network that the intranet website on one of the company servers is not accessible, but the same users are still able to retrieve their e-mail being stored on the same server. What layer of the Internet model does this problem appear to reside at?
11. (TCO B) A _____ is a group of computers linked together so that they act as one computer.
12. (TCO B) With the two-tier, client-server architecture, the server is responsible for the _____ logic.
13. (TCO B) The _____ cloud deployment model provides the highest levels of control, privacy, and security.
14. (TCO B) _____ is the presentation of information to the user and the acceptance of the user’s commands and input.
15. (TCO B) One underlying problem with a host-based network is that
16. (TCO B) With a client-based network, one fundamental problem is that
17. (TCO B) In a client-server network, _____ gets software from different vendors to work together.
18. (TCO B) What technique is used by most videoconferencing applications to reduce the amount of data being transmitted?
19. (TCO B) HTTP response status code of 404 means
20. (TCO B) Which of the following is not true about Telnet?
MIS 589 Week 1 | Quiz
- Institution(s): Devry
- Year Published: 2021
- Digital Download: Instant